April 28

‘Down the Rabbit Hole’ by Peter Abrahams

Down the rabbit hole

Ingrid Levin-Hill is a striving soccer player and actress. She dislikes her Maths teacher and has received the lead role for Echo Falls’ upcoming theatre production- ‘Alice in Wonderland’. Ingrid also happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. She finds her self attempting to unravel a murder case, before she becomes a suspect.  This book is a great read, full of suspense and adventure. It does include some moderate violence eg. murder, attempted murder, therefore I would recommend this book for ages 10 and up.  Amanda, Year 8

Down the rabbit hole is a thrilling, on edge book with danger and mystery on every page. I have only reached Chapter 24 but I am eager and also dreading reaching the end of the book. I would recommend this book to everyone who likes a bit of mystery. This book is one of the best novels I have ever read. I would definitely read this book again and again.   Courtney, Year 8

Ingrid Levin Hill is just like any ordinary thirteen year old girl, and being at the scene of a murder doesn’t change that, right?   As if it wasn’t bad enough already, things get worse when she discovers she’s left her all time favourite soccer boots at the scene and to get them back will be an ultimate test of bravery, courage and secrecy. A moderate read, although this book does require some piecing together to understand. I would recommend it to any reader who loves a good suspense story. Monika, Year 8  http://www.peterabrahams.com/

“Down the Rabbit Hole” is about a girl named Ingrid who finds herself in the middle of an unsolved murder. She makes the decision to go back to the scene of the crime and remove the evidence that could falsely accuse her of the murder. While she is there, something occurs that could help the police find the killer. But how can she tell them without being accused of breaking and entering or even the murder itself? This book is suspenseful and thrilling. The essence of mystery brings you to think about everything in a different way. The author cleverly pieces all the evidence together in the end in a way that you don’t expect. A must read for all. Maddy, Year 8

Tags: , , , ,

Posted April 28, 2010 by marjk in category Crime fiction, Mystery, Student Reviews