May 4

‘Pig Heart Boy’ by Malorie Blackman

pig heart boyThe book ‘Pig Heart Boy’ is about a young boy who has a very weak heart. Cameron doesn’t have a very long time to live and  the clock is ticking down with each second passing by. He has been on the heart transplant list twice and was cut both times for other people who needed it more than him. It was a few weeks after that, that the doctor walked through the door with  the news that would change Cameron’s life forever. I think this book is a fantastic book because you never know what going  to come next. Rachel, Year 8

I have only read half this book but already have I found that it is interesting. ‘Pig heart boy’ is about a thirteen year old boy who has a failing heart and is in desperate need of a new one. Already he has been cut from two transplant lists because the hearts went to others who seemed to have had a worse experience than himself, which I think is wrong. Just when all hope was lost a doctor arrived at his door suggesting to do a heart transplant on him, but instead of an ordinary heart he was willing to transplant a pigs heart into Cameron.  So far the book has been about his experiences on how he is coping with his new heart and with his mother being pregnant I’m sure there’s yet to be more experiences along the way. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone who loves a story with a heart and truth. Meleea, Year 8

‘Pig Heart Boy’ is about a young boy named Cameron, who is 13. Cameron has a heart which is having big difficulties. It could stop beating in a year or so. Even though Cameron and his family are having a hard time with his heart problems, he will not give up! With the help of Dr. Bryce, Cameron may be able ot live a longer and happier life. With the help of Trudy will this happen? Will Cameron make it through this hard and miserable time? This book is full of questions that the author is so eager to tell. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone who loves a true story. Jacinta, Year 8

‘Pig Heart Boy’ is a brilliant book and I can’t wait to finish it. The story tells about a boy, Cameron, who has a bad heart and is told he only has a year to live. The doctor then surprises him explaining that he has exciting news to share and that there could be a chance for him to live forever. To do this he must get a pig’s heart. I really enjoy reading this book and just can’t wait to finish it. This book always has different things happening on every page. This story relates to real life. I highly recommend this book to everyone who likes a good story, although it is quite sad. I am really enjoying this brilliant book and can’t wait to read on! By Tyler, Year 8 http://www.malorieblackman.co.uk/

Tags: , , , ,

Posted May 4, 2010 by marjk in category Realistic fiction, Student Reviews