May 5

‘Second Star to the Right’ by Deborah Hautzig

secondstartotherightSo far I am halfway through the book and I think it is a really great book. It is really interesting. The book is about a girl called Leslie. Leslie is an ordinary healthy 14 year old girl. Leslie has it all – a best friend and a mother and father who love her to the moon and back. Leslie should be really happy but there is only one problem: Leslie thinks she is fat. Leslie wants to go on a diet and lose 10 pounds. Her best friend Cavett is supporting her the whole way and trying to let her know that she isn’t fat. Leslie’s parents are trying everything to help Leslie. Michaela, Year 8

Leslie is a normal fourteen year old girl with a mum who loves her to the moon and back and a best friend who is very supportive. Leslie is always thinking and feeling overweight. One day she decides to go on a diet to bring her happiness. But does this diet bring her happiness? And will it ever stop? Based on a real life story this book is an amazing journey through someone’s life.  Alicia, Year 8

At the beginning of the book, Leslie seems like your average girl who’s unhappy about her weight. When you get further, you see that she’s more than unhappy, she has weight issues. Driven by depression, she goes on a maddening diet and almost starves herself to death and continues to think she’s fat. This book is very touching, sad and sickening at the same time. It keeps you interested. I recommend this book for people who enjoy teenage fiction. Amber, Year 8 http://www.deborahhautzig.com/

I’m half way through my book and it’s very interesting. It’s about a 14 year old girl called Leslie and she has anorexia, which means she thinks she is fat but she’s not. She thinks because she is over 100 pounds that she is fat. She tries to lose weight by not eating and being sick. Leslie isn’t very healthy and she has a best friend and her parents that love her to the moon and back. I recommend this book for people who think they are fat but they are skinny. Tia, Year 8

Tags: , ,

Posted May 5, 2010 by marjk in category Realistic fiction, Student Reviews