May 16

‘Alex Jackson: Grommet’ by Pat Flynn

alex jackson grommetI think that the book, “Alex Jackson, Grommet” is funny and interesting. I don’t really like reading, but the book was really good and I finished it easily. I think that the book would be even better if there was more drama. Overall I really liked the book and I think that it can relate to a lot of young readers. Amber, Year 8

I really enjoyed the book ‘Alex Jackson, Grommet’ as it was funny interesting and it really showed the personality of Alex Jackson. I’m not much of a reader but I really enjoyed this book. The book could have a bit more action and drama. I loved the story because it was a love story which most girls would like, Action which boys would like and Drama which anyone would really like. Overall I think the story was really great and I would recommend it to anyone. Kalani, Year 8

I enjoyed reading the book ‘Alex Jackson: Grommet’ written by Pat Flynn. This book is about a 13 year old boy called Alex Jackson and he has just started high school in Beeton. Alex can pull moves on a board that other kids only dream of. But when it comes to popularity he doesn’t really fit into that category. Alex also has to learn how to stand up to the school bully, and learn how to get the girls. Alex might be in for a bit of trouble but he’s going to do what he does best and ride along the whole way. By Tayla year 8   

I am always curious about people that keep to themselves and Becky fitted that charactor perfectly. From the start I knew something was up; she was always keeping to herself and seemed to be consistently sad. She was diffrent from the other characters…she had a secret. However even after she was ‘going out’ with Alex Jackson she still did not share it, but in fact , he already knew it. Once I started reading ‘Alex Jackson: Grommet’ I couldn’t wait to find out what happened next. I enjoyed this book, epecially because it was written about young people so I could relate it to my own life. I would recommend this fast paced, easy read to any one aged 12-14 years. by Mythra, year 8

http://www.patflynnwriter.com/

Tags: , , , ,

Posted May 16, 2010 by marjk in category Funny books, Realistic fiction, Student Reviews