May 17

‘Sure Fire’ by Jack Higgins & Justin Richards

Sure fireThe book ‘Sure Fire’ is very captivating. It’s written by Jack Higgins and Justin Richards. I love the fact that I can’t stop reading it. The book is about twins who lose their mother in a car accident in New York. While they’re attending their mother’s funeral they meet a strange man named John Chance who claims that he is their father. The twins, Jade and Rich, were surprised because it’s the first time they’ve seen them him in their whole life. They hate living together in John’s ‘colourless’ apartment. It’s really cool how Jade and Rich (the twins) are opposites and have completely different personalities. I’m very impressed with the book so far. I would recommend this to people between 13-15 and people who like adventure stories. Connor, Year 8

I have finished reading Jack Higgins’ ‘Sure Fire’ and I like the book very much. One of my favourite parts of the book is when Jade and Mr Halford drove a tank into the limo that Rich was being driven in. I think that it was a very interesting book that kept me guessing right up to the very end. I like the way Jack Higgins has made Jade and Rich more than they seem. Jack Higgins seems to have a way to make the reader think that one thing is going to happen and then suddenly something totally unexpected happens and this is the greatest part of Jack Higgins’ writing. ‘Sure Fire’ is a great book for people my age because it has just enough action and unexpectedness for people to enjoy the book. In conclusion I think that ‘Sure Fire’ is a great book and one of the best that I have ever read. By Stephen, Year 8

‘Sure Fire’ is a great book about two kids whose mum died when she was hit by a car when the kids were just 15. They went to her funeral and while they were there they met a strange man named John Chance who happened to be the children’s long lost father who had left them before they were even born. The author has done well with the start of the book but I think it could have used a bit more action at the beginning. That would have made the book a whole lot more interesting and would make the characters even more exciting and would have pulled the reader to read even more pages.  As soon as you see John Chance you will know that there is something weird about him.  So far the book is great and I can’t wait to finish the book. The more I read this book , I feel like every time I turn the page something exciting is going to happen but that can just be my imagination sometimes. I would highly recommend this book o readers from ages 10 -17 as it is a great adventure book.  By Jarrod ,Year 8

The book ‘Sure Fire’, written by Jack Higgins was a great book to read. It is a story about twins, Jade and Richard whose mum dies because a car hit her. At the funeral the twins meet a strange man. To their surprise the strange man was their dad (who they have never seen before). Their father begins to get to know his kids that he never knew he had. Will this book take an unexpected twist for the worst? This fiction book is great for 10-18 year old girls or boys who love to read about guns and explosion. By Sam C Year 8.

Tags: , , ,

Posted May 17, 2011 by marjk in category Adventure stories, Crime fiction, Mystery, Student Reviews

2 thoughts on “‘Sure Fire’ by Jack Higgins & Justin Richards

1. R Scarr

I bought Surefire yesterday not realising it was childs book. But the moment I started to read it I knew something was wrong. It just did not
    have the usual Jack Higgins professionalism about it. Great lengths were gone into to describing little things that an author would normally leave to the reader’s imagination. Like : “The area was blocked by two sidways police cars.” One would expect: “A parked police car blocked either end of the street.” It was riddled with little unprofessional things like this.
    When buying Jack Higgins books in future I will make sure they are a little more professional than this one.