October 24

‘If I Stay’ by Gayle Forman

Gayle Forman has written a book ‘If I stay’, which is about a young girl called Mia who is going on a road trip with her family to visit their friends and family. They have a car crash and her father, mother and brother die. She ends up in hospital and she is like a ghost out of her body. She can see and hear everything that goes on around her. I liked this book because it was very interesting and not like other books or movies. It really made me think about when death comes calling. The author writes in a simple uncomplicated way that is easily understood by 13-16 year olds. It’s very easy to read, but very interesting at the same time. This is a book that makes you stop and think about why horrible things happen to good people.  What would you do if you had to choose to leave or stay?  Catherine, Year 9

On a day that started like any other…
A young girl named Mia had everything.. a loving family, she is absolutely gorgeous, she had a loving boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and choices. Then, one day it was all almost taken from her. Caught between life and death, her whole family that was in a car crash with her died suddenly, but she didn’t. She was given a choice between a happy past and an unknowable future, so Mia spends one critical day trying to make the only decision she has left…  the most important decision she’ll ever make.
This book is really for readers between the ages of 13-16. It is easy to read and it keeps you interested in the book.
I rate this book about a 7/10. Anna, Year 9

Tags: , , , , ,

Posted October 24, 2011 by marjk in category Love stories, Realistic fiction, Student Reviews