October 26

‘Roxy’s Baby’ by Catherine MacPhail

I like this book because it’s interesting, thrilling and exciting. Towards the end of the book, it becomes more and more interesting. The part I don’t like about the book is when we don’t find out how Ann Marie goes in her life without her baby. I think this book would suit teens the same ages as the character in the book (Roxy). You don’t hear a lot about 14 year olds falling pregnant. People my age would want to know what was going to happen to Roxy next, seeing as she has two to care for now.      Lucy, Year 9

I am really enjoying the book Roxy’s Baby. I find it interesting never knowing what this outgoing crazy girl is going to do next with her life.  Finding out Roxy was pregnant at such a young age was a shock and you would think she would stay with her family for support. But as she runs away with a family she doesn’t even know on her own is a very risky take. I can’t keep my eyes off the book. Is the situation for Roxy and her baby going to work out and be safe? Can she trust the Dyce family?

Olivia, Year 9

Tags: , ,

Posted October 26, 2011 by marjk in category Realistic fiction, Student Reviews