October 28

‘The Indigo Girls’ by Penny Russon

The book I am reading at the moment is ‘The Indigo Girls’. I have really enjoyed the book so far. Three teenage girls have different lives and friends, but every summer for two weeks they go on holidays as Indigo Girls. But this year one friend, Mieke, hasn’t turned up. She’s the girl who brings all the girls together. Is this a disaster? Zara and Tilly are left to get to know each other. Are they going to overcome the awkwardness and attend all the fun activities that they have attended for the last few years? This is a very exciting book for all age groups but I recommend it for teenage girls.
I rate this book a 7/10. I have really enjoyed this book so far, as the plot is very interesting.This book makes you want to keep reading and reading and never put the book down.
Tyler, Year 9.

I found that the book, ‘The Indigo girls’, should be read by a young audience, probably around the age of 10-12. Even though I would give this book a 7/10, I found that for my age I was not interested in this book as much as I would have liked. ‘The indigo girls’ is about three girls who get together to go camping at the beach. One time when they go camping, Mieke texted them saying that she could not show up. Does this mean the end to the indigo girls? Or the start of something new? This is a read that can be easily done, mostly suited for people who like heart an soul books. This book is also good for people who are going through a rough time with friends. Can Zara and Tilly become friends? Read this book to find out. Jacinta, Year 9

“Summer always seems to start when we go to Indigo.” 

‘The Indigo Girls’ is a marvellous book written by Penni Russon. Three totally different types of people come together at Point Indigo. Zara, Tilly and Mieke love camping on the summer holidays, until Zara and Tilly were informed that Mieke couldn’t make their summer holiday. Mieke ties the group together; Zara and Tilly are worried that their friendship may not last without Mieke. Zara and Tilly’ s friendship grows, as well as themselves.

This was an intriguing book that kept the reader engaged. This book was interesting as you never knew what was going to happen next. Especially when you think you could predict what was happening, the unexpected happens. Both point of perspectives were good during this novel as both Zara and Tilly were writing the book. The two girls had totally different personalities and their point of view of life was very different although this book was written in the same perspective. This book is most suitable for girls aged 11 – 15.

Rhiannon, Year 9.

Tags: ,

Posted October 28, 2011 by marjk in category Realistic fiction, Student Reviews