May 4

‘Tomorrow, When the War Began’ by John Marsden

Tomorrow When the War Began is an action packed, very exciting book. The author is John Marsden. He is a brilliant writer for writing this serries. He has also written other books. Tomorrow when the war began is about six teenagers who went to a place by the name of Hell to go camping but after they go camping they end up in a war fighting for survival. They realise that other people used to be less fortunate than them, just like they are now. Read this book please! It will knock your brains out. By Sam Year 8     

——————————————————————————————-

Tomorrow, When the War Began is an action packed thriller with a small amount of romance and it is great for all ages above 10. This book is about seven teenagers: Ellie, Homer, Fi, Lee, Robyn, Corrie and Kelvin. When they got home after a week out camping there was no sign of their families, no people, no nothing, the place was completely deserted! But there is a festival on for no apparent reason that has been going on for too long. Then they start to realise the true danger they’re in.

You could cut the tension with a knife. I will also guarantee you that it will make chills run down your spine and curiosity will take over you!

I enjoyed every bit of this book. I have recommended this book to all of my friends and their friends and most of them have finished it and have been inspired to read the whole series! John Marsden has nailed this book and has made me amazed at his ability to express the characters’ emotion on pages of a book.

My usual routine is to read half a book, put it down and leave it on a dusty old shelf for years but the curiosity really did take over me so I just had to keep reading. I couldn’t put it down. My suggestion to you is to go straight to your local library and borrow it out, then get the rest of the series.

Kahnie, Year 8

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Posted May 4, 2012 by marjk in category Adventure stories, Dystopian fiction, Student Reviews