May 11

‘Last Chance’ by Sarah Dessen

The book Last chance wasn’t very exciting for me. The main character Colie doesn’t really face any problems along the way.  I think everything about the book like the characters and the scene was awesome but the story line let it down. I don’t think kids under the age of about 15 would be interested in this type of book.

For me, this book was about self-esteem and believing in yourself. When Colie was young she never fitted in at school because she was overweight and didn’t have many friends but even when she lost weight she was still hated. But when she is sent to live with her aunt Mira for the summer while her mum is traveling because she is a famous fitness trainer she makes real friends at the Last Chance Cafe, where she gets to work, and with Norman who lives in the basement in Mira’s house. But in this book she picks up her feet and gets back on track to try and live a better life with new friends.

I could have liked this book if the story line wasn’t as boring but everything else was wonderful like the characters – they were all different and had their own personality, so 4 stars for me.

Elizabeth, Year 8

Tags: , ,

Posted May 11, 2012 by marjk in category Realistic fiction, Student Reviews