November 5

‘Skeleton Key’ by Anthony Horowitz

“Sharks, Assassins, nuclear bombs. Alex Rider’s in deep trouble.” (Anthony Horowitz, Skeleton Key, back cover)

Skeleton Key is the third book of a series of nine books. It is a spy-based book, which is thrilling and entertaining. This book keeps you on your toes, and keep you wanting for more. This series has been set all around the world but Alex’s home is in Europe.

The main character throughout the series so far is Alex Rider, a teenage spy who has been pulled out of school because of his family’s past. He has invaded an enemy base in the top of a mountain and saved the world countless times, but in this book he has to go to one of the most famous, and money raising events in the world: Wimbledon. He has to find out the reason for a break in, uncover the truth and possibly save the world again.

I really enjoyed reading this book because of the action and thrilling pace. I recommend this book to teenagers because there are some words/ phrases that younger people wouldn’t understand. This is a good book to read and if you like spy books then this is the book for you.

Mitchell, Year 9

———————————————-

In the third book of the series, Skeleton Key by Anthony Horowitz, the main character Alex has returned back into a normal life after the death of his uncle. Despite Alex’s reservations he is talked into accepting another spy mission at Wimbledon, England. The story follows Alex on his dangerous spy mission and obstacles he faces in handling the task. Alex is a teenage superspy as a ball boy at the Wimbledon tennis in England. He follows the guard as much as possible and soon realizes that the guard is watching the player whilst talking on a fake mobile but then he makes a basic mistake. The guard realizes he’s being followed and tricks Alex into following him to a deserted part of the complex and then tries to kill him. Fortunately Alex survives but now the Chinese gangs are out to get him.

“Reluctant teenage superspy Alex rider is useful to MI6 in ways an adult could never be. Now they need his help once again.” (Skeleton Key back cover)

This turns out to be perfect for MI6 who use it as a new way to get him to accept a mission whilst they try to stop the gang killing him. He’s left with little choice over a mission that seems to be just relaxing in the sun whilst C.I.A agents investigate an ex- Russian general Alexei Sarov on the island Skeleton Key.

As the agents prepare to go in to the general’s fortress of a house through an underwater cave, everything goes bad. The agents disappear; Alex goes looking for them and gets attacked by a shark whilst simultaneously finding out why the agents didn’t return, then the general’s men captured him.

In conclusion the book Skeleton Key by ANTHONY HOROWITZ is a super spy mission and it is recommended for teenagers and adults. Also I would give it a 5 out of 10 rating for the book.

Thomas, Year 9

———————————————–

“I wake up and I’m on this weird island with these strangers I don’t even know or have ever seen before.”

The story Skeleton Key is about a 16 year old boy, Alex Rider, who is a secret spy who has been at a tennis tournament in London. He has been up to so many dangerous things in his whole entire life with different type of criminals.

I really liked this book because it always got you out of your chair with all the excitement and all the violence in this book. It’s not one of those books that bore you, but with the Alex Rider series they always entertain you and you can’t wait to find out what the next page is going to be about.

I would recommend this book to teenagers as it has too much violence and killing for a young reader below 13 years of age.

Corey, Year 9

———————————————-

“Reluctant teenage superspy Alex rider is useful to MI6 in ways an adult could never be.” (Back cover).

Skeleton Key is a good book for young boys to teenage boys. It has a lot of action and adventure.  Skeleton Key is a book about a young teenage spy and his name is Alex. He has to overcome the most dangerous people to save the world.  There are lots of sequels like Stormbreaker and Point Blanc.  I liked the book because it has lots of action and adventure, which excites me.  The main character is Alex Rider. He is a mysterious boy who is a super spy with MI6 and he wants to find out how his uncle died. At the start of the book Alex finds himself at Wimbledon tennis competition for a secret mission and you are going to have to read it to find out what happens.  Overall Skeleton Key is a good book for the young boys and teenage boys.

Michael, Year 9

——————————————————

Hello readers and welcome to my own review of Skeleton Key. I hope you know what I’m trying to explain. Enjoy!

The story is set in England, then proceeds to Skeleton Key itself. Alex is a 15 year old teen who just wants to have a normal life away from the life of a spy. Turner and Troy are both hardcore CIA agents who think themselves to be better than Alex. Smithers is a nerdy genius who loves to make gadgets and never leave the computer. The book is basically about a kid who wants to just have fun in the sun without having to spy for the agencies. He would love to have a normal life ……. Fate has other plans.

I enjoyed the book because of the action and mischief that Alex got caught up in. I would recommend this book for ages 12 – 16. Keith, Year 9

Tags: , , ,

Posted November 5, 2012 by marjk in category Adventure stories, Student Reviews