May 30

‘White Fox’ by Gary Paulsen

white fox     The story takes place in 2017, in America under the control of the CCR, the leaders of America. There are CCR prison camps, where Cody is held in prison. He breaks free with his friend Luther, with a captured air force recruit named Toni McLaughlin, and wanders across the desert eager for survival.

The main characters throughout the book are Cody Pierce, Major Toni McLaughlin, Sidoron (the leader of Cody’s camp) and Rachel, a young girl he meets half way through the story. Cody, a fourteen-year-old boy, is the main character. The CRR gave Cody the name ‘White Fox’ because of his white hair. Major Toni was captured by the CCR and escaped with Cody to the rebel camp. Sidoron is the leader of the CCR prison camp that Cody escaped from. Rachel is Cody’s friend and she saved his life when they were out in the desert about to die.

There are three parts to this book. Each story follows the journey of Cody from his time in prison and his adventures looking to recruit others so then he could return back to the prison camp to free the children.

I enjoyed reading this book because it is full of action. It gave me thrilling moments and I couldn’t put it down. The twists and turns of the plot are awesome. It encourages me that a fourteen-year-old boy like myself could show such strength and courage. I never used to read books other than car magazines but this book has changed my viewpoint on books.

I would recommend the book to boys aged thirteen to fourteen, who like lots of action and adventure and like a good fast moving story.

Cameron, Year 8

Tags: , , ,

Posted May 30, 2013 by marjk in category Adventure stories, Student Reviews