May 31

‘Don’t Call Me Ishmael’ by Michael Gerard Bauer

Don't call me ishmael     Do you like to be enticed into a novel whose story sends you into another world, imaging thoughts you never knew you could think of? Then this is a book you will absolutely love. The novel Don’t call me Ishmael is wonderful book that takes you through the world of Ishmael, where he’s hounded by a regiment of menacing bullies and quite literately struck in the face by his phobia of girls. This book is mainly about him explaining his life because he thinks he has ‘Ishmael Leseur Syndrome’.

This novel is a novel that kept me wondering and pondering all night. It kept me reading for two and half hours until I read the whole thing. For me there is no better accomplishment than finishing a book before I have finished all my cookies. This book has descriptive sentences that give you a wide range of imaginative experiences and to top it off the author includes a squirt of comedy here and there. This book is for people who like comic writing and a story they can relate to.

Lawrence, Year 8

——————————————————-

Do you like a laugh?

If you do,

‘Don’t Call Me Ishmael’

Is the book for you!

‘Don’t Call Me Ishmael’ is the funniest book by far of all the books I’ve read. It makes all books seem like trash.

‘Don’t Call Me Ishmael’ is an exciting and hilarious book that will take your mind through the amazing life of Ishmael. This book tells you about Ishmael’s hard going days at school, also his phobia of females. This book is mainly trying to explain his life at school because he strangely thinks he has ‘Ishmael Leseur Syndrome’.

This book kept me on the edge of my seat. It keeps me wondering as I slept. It constantly made me drawl as I thought about it.Everyday I would leave a space in my day so I could just read my book, I would never put the book down unless I have finished two or more chapters. This book is the most funny and exciting book your mind will ever grasp. If you have not read this book you must go get it!  

George, Year 8

————————————————————

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:187036:Desktop:180px-Don't_Call_Me_Ishmael_cover.jpg     Do you like stories that involve schoolyard dramas? If you do then ‘Don’t Call Me Ishmael’ by Michael Gerard Bauer is the book for you.

This book is an hilarious story with great comedy and humor that will definitely make you laugh.

Ishmael is in Grade 9 at St Daniel’s Boys College and he gets bullied by a small group of boys. Ishmael really dislikes getting bullied and he hates his name. He is always getting called names that rhyme with Ishmael Leseur.

This novel encouraged me to want to read more.

I enjoyed every second of it and read as much as I could in my spare time. It was one of the first books that actually kept me interested and helped me to enjoy reading more.

This book is a quick read and is aimed at younger teenagers.

I encourage you to read this book so you too can enjoy what I did.

Liam M, Year 8

Tags: , , ,

Posted May 31, 2013 by marjk in category Funny books, Student Reviews