June 3

‘Hush, Hush’ by Becca Fitzpatrick

‘His smile wasn’t friendly. It was a smile that spelt trouble. With a promise.’

Hush hush     Becca Fitzpatrick’s novel ‘Hush, Hush’ (Book One of the tetralogy) is based on an average American sixteen year old, Nora Grey. Living on the outskirts of Coldwater, Maine, Nora finds life as it usually is in her quiet hometown: dull and uneventful. At least that was until she is introduced to the mysterious exchange student, Patch Ciprano. For Nora, Biology was just another subject for her to convey a scholarship role in. Little did she know that a new Biology partner could change her life forever. During the novel we find that Patch has not only brought his daring, mysterious and romantic charm but also his darkened past into Nora’s life. Through Patch’s dangerous actions Nora is practically caught between life and death. A lingering question is left unanswered. Who is the first to fall?

I thoroughly enjoyed this book due to how intriguing every chapter was. I found myself extremely enthusiastic as to what may occur in the next one to two chapters. This novel was a thrilling, action-packed novel, captivating my full attention. The major plot twists and change of events made the book one you could simply not leave hanging. I would recommend this book to any young teenagers to any young adults who may be engaged with books classified as a mixture of romance, fantasy, supernatural etc. All in all the finished plot of book one of the series has only encouraged me to delve further into the unknown events in the riveting novel by Becca Fitzpatrick, ‘Hush, Hush‘.

Faye D., Year 8

————————————————————-

“We choose those we like; with those we love, we have no say in the matter.” – Mignon McLaughlin

Nora Grey is intrigued by Patch Cipriano, a foreign exchange student who knows exactly how to push her buttons. Whilst Nora struggles with her feelings for Patch, she tries to solve the case of the King Horn hanging and the man in the ski mask who keeps mysteriously attacking her. She is in a race against time to figure out who the man in the ski mask is and to protect the ones she loves. The novel ends with a bang as the final showdown commences and the hundred-dollar question is answered, ‘Who is the man in the ski mask?’ If you like fantasy romance novels with a big ending fight scene, you’ll love this book. I recommend this novel to any teen girls who loved the Twilight series. I give this novel a 4/5 rating because it took a while for the action to start but when it finally started getting interesting I was hooked.

Alessandra, Year 8

Tags: , , , ,

Posted June 3, 2013 by marjk in category Student Reviews