June 12

‘Down the Rabbit Hole’ by Peter Abrahams

DownRabbitHole     How far should one go to discover the truth about someone’s death?

Ingrid is a normal girl living a normal 13-year-old’s life. In Echo Falls many secrets are kept, and Ingrid is eager to discover a secret that gets quite dangerous the more and more she unravels it. Down the Rabbit Hole has a very clever plot that makes you never want to put the story down!

The story begins when Ingrid is trying to find her way to soccer practice but she somehow finds herself lost, in the house of the town’s crazy lady, Katie. People call her ‘Crazy Katie’. After a bit of a chat with her, Ingrid gets in a taxi and drives away, thinking that that would be the last of any Crazy Katie drama.    But, the following day in the newspaper she finds that Crazy Katie has been murdered, and soon Ingrid realizes that she left her red soccer shoes at Crazy Katie’s house the day before. She has to get them back, unnoticed before they find out they’re her shoes. Soon, Ingrid finds herself discovering the mystery of Crazy Katie’s death. Follow Ingrid on her exciting journey as she discovers the truth and on the way finds strong friendships.

Famous author, Stephen King, says that Down the Rabbit Hole was “One walloping good suspense yarn…” He couldn’t put it down!

Ingrid slowly starts putting the pieces together and you will never guess what she finds!

I would definitely recommend this book for 10-15 year olds that love mysteries and suspense. I thought that Down the Rabbit Hole had an exciting plot that has great suspense. The book is full of exciting twists, turns and game changes. Ingrid is a fun, entertaining young girl that loves a bit of a mystery and I definitely recommend it.

Isabelle, Year 8

———————————————————————

Meet Ingrid Levin-hill, an ordinary 13 year old living an ordinary life, until one day she runs into the town crazy lady, known as ‘Crazy Katie’. One day Ingrid finds refuge in Katie’s home, and when Ingrid has to leave, she leaves her soccer boots, which she had with her, behind. A series of unfortunate events happen afterwards when Ingrid’s boots are simply left in the wrong place in the wrong time and getting them back means getting involved in a murder investigation.

This book is a great story full of mystery, surprise and suspense. Follow Ingrid on her journey down the rabbit hole, as things just become curiouser and curiouser and to unlock the mysteries of Echo Falls. I think that the book displays great surprise and suspense. It is a book for the ages from 12-20 in my opinion.

Jeannie, Year 8

———————————————————

Have you ever read a book that got you so intrigued that you couldn’t put it down and loved reading it? Then here is the book for you. It is an amazing mystery/ crime novel that anyone could love.

Ingrid Levin-Hill is a thirteen-year-old girl who loves her sport and acting. She is brought into a big mystery of Echo-Falls after leaving her red soccer boots at the crime scene. After seeing that the local police are completely off track with the murder investigation, Ingrid decides to conduct her own investigation.

I think that the book ‘Down The Rabbit Hole’ by Peter Abraham is a great read full of excitement and mystery. The book’s author Peter Abraham did an excellent job at keeping people guessing right down to the last second.

I recommend this book for girls aged 12-15 years old who enjoy a good mystery. This book is a good read and I rate it 3½ stars out of 5.

Connor, Year 8

Tags: , , , ,

Posted June 12, 2013 by marjk in category Adventure stories, Crime fiction, Mystery, Realistic fiction, Student Reviews