November 21

‘Mac Slater cool hunter: The Rules of Cool’ by Tristan Bancks

mac slater 1 The wing hit the ground and BAM!

Cool Hunter is set in Australia in a small town where Mac and Cat are trialing for the position for cool hunters to win a trip to New York. Cool Hunter is a website that features four cool hunters around the world to suggest what’s cool.

Mac Slater is a nerd. He and his best friend Paul are coming up with new inventions. Mac and his best friend Paul invested a whole year to build their flying bike. After they finished their invention they crashed it while they were testing this new bike. Speed and Tony are the website creators of Cool Hunter and have asked Mac and Cat to trial for the new Cool Hunter position to win a trip to New York. In this trial they have to upload five daily vlogs to suggest what things are cool. These videos get uploaded on the Cool Hunters website and the viewers have to vote what ones they think are cool.

I suggest this book, Cool Hunter to a younger boy between seven and 13 who likes building and creating stuff. I liked this book because Mac is very creative and he is kind of a daredevil. I would rate this book 7 out of 10, I really enjoyed the book and it was interesting throughout the whole book.

Tristan Year 9

Tags: , , , ,

Posted November 21, 2013 by marjk in category Adventure stories, Funny books, Student Reviews