May 18

‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’ by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter & the Goblet of FireThe fourth stunning book to J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series is arguably one of, if not the best, installment yet. The action packed novel has already had so many positive reviews, such as: ‘Impressive detail, humour and inventiveness … a triumph.’ –Courier Mail and ‘J.K. Rowling has delivered … her best book yet.’ – Sunday Telegraph. These reviews, not surprisingly, are absolutely accurate. The book is full of fun and excitement, and packed full of heated moments and heartbreaking tragedies.

The story is yet again based in the magical school of witchcraft and wizardry called Hogwarts, where Harry joins his two best friends Hermione and Ron in an action-packed adventure. There’s a dazzling plot twist where people close to Harry are put in grave danger, this novel sees the return of dangerous and ancient evil enemies and its up to Harry to save the day once again, for the fourth, and not the last time.

In my opinion, this is the best installment of the Harry Potter series yet; it’s full of mystery, suspense, action, humour and heart wrenching moments of pure ingenuity. The creativity needed to write this enchanting book is outstanding. The brilliance needed to think of all these thrilling moments is impressive, and in the end, millions around the world love these books. The series has become so successful, there have been movies made about them, and I can tell you, those movies do not even come close to the passion and creativity put into this book.

This book is so complicated, genius, thrilling, and most of all, majestic. The Harry Potter series is so entertaining, everyone can enjoy it, young to old, black or white, man or woman though I would probably recommend this book to those over 9-10 years old, as it is a little bit hard to follow, and a very long book. But my personal opinion, I would rate it 8.5/10, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I believe you will to!

Harrison, Year 9

Tags: , , , , , ,

Posted May 18, 2015 by marjk in category Adventure stories, Student Reviews