May 18

‘The fault in our stars’ by John Green

“That’s the thing about pain: it demands to be felt.”

“I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly then all at once.”

The fault in our starsThis story, The Fault in Our Stars, is set in a quiet place with not very many people around and it seems a little cold some days and some days are quite warm. This place is Indianapolis.

The main characters in this book, The fault in our stars, are Hazel–Grace and Augustus Waters. Hazel is a 16 year old girl who had been diagnosed with leukaemia and has to carry an oxygen tank around with her so she can breathe properly. Hazel also was very quiet and didn’t like talking in front of a big crowd. She also was sweet, kind, beautiful, loving and demonstrates emotions throughout the book.

The other main character is Augustus Waters. He is 17 years old and had cancer. He had been blinded by cancer and August was also a very good basketball player until he was diagnosed, having to get his leg amputated. Augustus Waters was a very kind and sweet and honest guy and filled with emotions here and there as well.

A little brief about this story is that it is about a teenage girl named Hazel with cancer that meets a guy named Augustus Waters and he had cancer but doesn’t anymore and Hazel falls in love.

The reason why I like the story so much is because it reminds me of my dad and I start to cry and I feel very emotional when I think of this lovely story. It is such an emotional ride while reading this story.

I would recommend this story to children that love to read from the age of 10 all the way up to an adult. It is such an amazing story and great read. I’d rate the book ‘The Fault in our stars’ 5 out of 5 stars. Sophia K., Year 9

Tags: , , , , , ,

Posted May 18, 2015 by marjk in category Love stories, Realistic fiction, Student Reviews