June 19

‘White Fox’ by Gary Paulsen

white foxIt’s 2057 and America is at war with the Confederation of Consolidated Republics (CCR) who are trying to take over America. Cody Pierce, age 14, is held in one of the CCR prison camps. He breaks out of prison with his friend Luther, with a captured air force recruit named Toni McLaughlin. The trio ventures across the desert fighting for their survival.

The Main characters in this book are Cody Pierce, Major Toni McLaughlin, and Sidoron (leader of Cody’s camp) and Rachel, a young girl Cody meets half way through the story. Cody Pierce is the main character. The CCR gave him the nickname White Fox because of his long white hair. Major Toni was captured at the start of the story and both the Major and Cody built a relationship and they escape together from the prison. Rachel is Cody’s friend and she ends up helping Cody when they were out in the hot empty desert desperate for water and about to die.

There are three parts to this book starting at Cody’s time at the prison camp and his escape, to the parts when he was desperate for water in the desert and was about to die, and the final part when they found the rebels’ base and returned to the camp to free all the other inmates and innocent children.

I really enjoyed this book, as it is full of action and all about their adventure. I was really addicted to this book and was always reading it and really enjoyed. I hardly ever read books but I read every single word in this book. It was really fun to read.

I would recommend this book to ages 13-14 or people who just like action/adventure books. The story was very interesting and I was hooked into this book from the very first sentence.

Griffin P, Year 8

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Posted June 19, 2015 by marjk in category Adventure stories, Dystopian fiction, Student Reviews