November 24

‘Six Impossible Things’ by Fiona Wood

Six impossible thingsHave you ever liked a girl so much that you thought it was impossible to ever talk to her and even be in a relationship with her? Dan Cereill has to deal with moving houses, new school hell, a mother with a wedding cake business that is failing, a dad that is gay, and a crush on the girl next door. At the moment his life is a mess, but he forgets about all his problems, and just narrows it down to just six impossible things.

I really liked this book because of the main character Dan Cereill. He dealt with his problems well, and wasn’t too dramatic about it all. I like how he thought it was impossible to do the Six Impossible Things but he was determined to do them and make things right.

I recommend this book to teens and young adults between the age of 12-20 who are interested in love stories. This book is a great example of love and is truly enjoyable for everyone. I would rate the book ‘Six Impossible Things’ 4 out of 5 stars.

Julius D, Year 9.

……..

Meet fourteen year old nerd boy, Dan Cereill. He seems like he is not quite coping as his mother has a failing wedding cake business, a straight out gay dad and did I mention his impossible crush on the hot girl next door, Estelle. Does this excellent novel sound like a read to you? I’d say that if you’re a teenager and into comedy and romance this is just perfect read for you!

The novel is set in Adelaide, Australia where Dan must adjust to moving houses and new school hell. As you can see, Dan has a lot of stress on his hands so he decides to make a list of six impossible things to do:

1. Kiss Estelle
  2. Get a job
  3. Cheer my mother up
  4. I don’t want to be a complete loser at my new school
  5. Should talk to my father when he calls
  6. Figure out how to be cool

For most people, doing these things would be quite simple but not for Dan Cereill. The main characters in this novel are Estelle, Dan and Dan’s mother. Estelle is a funky and smart girl that Dan can’t get over. Dan is lovable and funny and is crushing hard on the girl next door. Dan’s mum is a charming and loving parent who is struggling at the moment.

I was really engaged with this novel as it was action packed, amusing, crazy and romantic. I couldn’t put it down. Overall I would rate this book “Six Impossible Things” an 8/10, as it truly is one of my favourite reads. To any young readers out there I would strongly suggest this novel.

Kai, Year 9

Tags: , , ,

Posted November 24, 2015 by marjk in category Funny books, Love stories, Realistic fiction, Student Reviews