June 6

‘A Toaster on Mars’ by Darrel Pitt

It’s the year 2509 and planet Earth is under major threat by “the universes’ most evil villain.” Can PBI (Planetary Bureau of Investigation) Agent Blake and new partner Nikki track Bartholomew Badde down and foil his plans before he destroys all the electronic devices on the planet?

Do you love mystery, crime, comedy and futuristic sci-fi books? If you do, you will love this book. In fact, you be the judge.  Read it yourself and make your own mind up.

This story is set in the year 2509 (26th Century) on Earth 500 years in the future, where everything is very smart and technology is in everything (except food). You follow the story of a middle-aged male named Blake, a Planetary Bureau of investigation (PBI) agent.

Blake is very mad when he is assigned a rookie cyborg named Nikki, so he does everything to try and get rid of her. When the head of Blake’s division tells him that she is there to stay, he just goes with the flow and helps save the world. Blake and Nikki are assigned to investigate a high threat coming from an evil genius Bartholomew Badde to destroy all the technology in the world. In the middle of the investigation, Blake’s ex-wife Astrid calls Blake to tell him that their daughter has been kidnapped, which thickens the plot for Blake and crunches more valuable time.

I think ‘Toaster on Mars’ is very well written and thought up but it wasn’t enjoyable for someone my age. For example, there is some out of this world things that probably won’t even happen for like another thousand years or more. Besides that, it was a very interesting book. I must say well done to the author for coming to such an interesting ending to the story and, I must admit it did leave me a little bit confused.

I recommend this book to ages 8 to 12 who are interested in futuristic mystery. I thought this book was little too young for me but I still enjoyed it. I rate ‘Toaster on Mars’ by Darrel Pitt 3 out of 5 stars.

Bryson R, Year 8

Tags: , , ,

Posted June 6, 2017 by marjk in category Student Reviews