June 13

‘Specials’ by Scott Westerfeld

This book is about differences and equality mixed with futuristic themes. Is that your genre? Well, this book is for you. This book is very jam packed with emotions and jaw-dropping moments.

The book is called ‘Specials’ by Scott Westerfeld. It’s a futuristic science novel. Overall I would rate the novel an 8/10 because it had interesting scenes and characters. What happens is a bunch of 15 year olds are made differently and what if someone is special? Would they be judged differently?

Tally has been made differently from the rest and she has been made to fight others. What happens next you’ll have to read to find out. It is set in a futuristic place which was pretty cool and well explained. Yes it was, it summed up the story so well. Tally had changed so much and I didn’t really enjoy her character but it was good to see Shay back in the book.

In conclusion, I thought the book was good overall. I could have been a bit better and more interesting but I did enjoy it and I hope that you read it too.

Mia A., Year 8

Tags: , , , ,

Posted June 13, 2017 by marjk in category Dystopian fiction, Fantasy, Girls Read, Guys Read, Science Fiction, Student Reviews