June 15

‘Scorch Trials’ (Maze Runner #2) by James Dashner

This sequel of Maze Runner shows many teens in a dark, dark world that a dictator and his scientists put them through. They were put through horrific trials, supposedly to help save humanity. But there is little evidence of them actually doing this.

The teens in this book get decapitated and killed by lighting and they are also attacked by a city full of diseased people who turn cannibal. When these teens think that everything is over after being kidnapped, shot, drugged, pitted against the only people they have ever known and been lied to, they have also been lied to about their life. Worst of all, when they think their nightmare is over, they are manipulated by the scientists all over again.

The publisher of this book recommends it for ages around 12 and up but it may be a little darker and more violent than other people have thought. Some readers have turned towards more of an older category of teens such as ages fourteen and up.

I really did enjoy the book much more than the movie. This book kept me on the edge of my seat at all times it kept me interested and I was never able to put this book down. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who was looking for a dramatic sci-fi.

Anthea T., Year 8

Tags: , , , ,

Posted June 15, 2017 by marjk in category Dystopian fiction, Girls Read, Guys Read, Science Fiction, Student Reviews