Book Review writing
How to write an online Book Review (for our blog):
- Give the title of the book and the author’s name.
- Get the reader’s attention in the first line with a catchy intro, such as a short quote.
- Explain where the story is set.
- Tell us a little about the main characters.
- Give a brief outline of the story without giving too much away.
- Explain why you liked it so much.
- To whom would you recommend this story?
- Sign the review with your FIRST NAME ONLY and Year level.
Be honest: Give your review personality and remember that kids want to know what you REALLY think.
Be detailed: Tell us exactly what you liked or didn’t. Was it a story you couldn’t put down? Were the characters just like people you know? What made it special?
Be accurate: Be sure to get the title, author, and character names right, plus double-check your spelling and grammar. We aren’t able to post reviews that don’t make sense or have the wrong information.
DON’T spoil it: Please don’t give away the ending! Tell readers enough about the plot to hook them, but keep them hanging so that they want to read the book.
Find out how to write a review in more detail at: http://teacher.scholastic.com/writewit/bookrev/index.htm
There’s a scaffold to help you write a formal book review on the Aquinas Website_For students_Online Learning at: http://www.aquinas.qld.edu.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=124&Itemid=152