May 9

‘Shark Attack’ by Anthony Masters

Shark Attack is a very adventurous book at the start but then falls down and get boring.

The novel has a very good start but it gets more interesting the more you get into the book. There are four main characters: Tom, Mum, Dave and Carnie. What would you be thinking if your boat capsized, the skipper gets eaten alive in front of you and you also have no sense of direction. They have no food or water. After nearly three days at days at sea, they find a deserted island and Tom gets a severe cut to the foot and needs urgent medical help and they all have no idea if they will get out alive.

At the end, the novel makes you read more and more. It is suited for adolescent readers and you have to be persistent and keep reading it. I give it a 6/10.

Jordan, Year 8

————————————————————————-

Shark Attack by Anthony Masters

I really don’t like books in fact there have been a times when my mum had to bribe me. Shark attack by Anthony Masters had a good story line and I did read it

Shark Attack begins with a family on a holiday taking a day trip out at sea in the hope of seeing a few whales. However, when the weather deteriorates all hell brakes loose. As the story continues the family finds itself lost at sea experiencing a number of life threating events before being rescued. Finally this broken family is coming together.

For people between the age of 9 and 15 years who enjoys reading novels I would recommend this book although it was a good story I would like to see this in a movie.

————————————————————————

What would you do if a shark attacked you?  Don’t know? Then read Shark Attack by Anthony Masters.

Manuel, Jack and Carrie go on a whale-watching trip and while they’re on it a giant storm comes and everyone starts panicking. The boat starts to tip over and Manuel falls out. Manuel can’t do anything and gets eaten by a 3-metre great white shark.

I think this book would suit young 11 – 15 year old males. I give this book a rating 8 out of 10.  I really enjoyed this book.  I enjoy learning about sharks so this book was really interesting.

Brodie  Year 8

———————————————————————-

Shark Attack by Anthony Masters

Shark Attack begins with a family on a holiday taking a day trip out at sea in the hope of seeing a few whales. However, when the weather deteriorates, all hell breaks loose. As the story continues the family finds itself lost at sea experiencing a number of life threating events before being rescued. Finally this broken family is coming together.

For people between the ages of 9 and 15 years who enjoys reading novels I would recommend this book. Although it was a good story I would like to see this in a movie.

Dominic, Year 8

—————————————————————————–

How would you like to be stuck in the middle of the ocean on a little dinghy with no food or water? Your stepfather is crazy and drinks all your water and doesn’t share. Could you survive? Can they get back to Ensenada? Who will get eaten by a shark?

In the novel, ‘Shark Attack’ a family boat called the Mexican eagle has capsized in a storm and they are stranded in a little dinghy that has no food or water. There are four main characters: Tom, Mum, Dave and Carnie. What would you be thinking if your boat capsized? The skipper gets eaten alive in front of you and you also have no sense of direction. After three days they eventually find a deserted island. Tom gets a bad cut and needs medical attention. Will they get out alive?

I’m not a big reader but this book really wanted me to keep reading it. I really want there to be a part 2. I recommend this book to teenagers and young adults.

Liam, Year 8

Tags: , , ,

Posted May 9, 2012 by marjk in category Adventure stories, Horror stories, Realistic fiction, Student Reviews