June 5

‘Twilight’ by Stephenie Meyer

twilight“Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something.”

-Bella, ‘Twilight’

‘Twilight’ is about an average 17-year-old girl, Bella Swan, who moves to the town of Forks. Her parents are split up and her mum lives in Florida so she moves in with her dad. She hasn’t seen her dad in a while because she hates Forks. While in Forks she starts at a new high school. This is where she meets the mysterious Edward Cullen who just happens to be a vampire. Edward and his family, the rest of the Cullens, are different from other vampires. They don’t drink human blood, they drink animal blood, which makes them able to walk around just like a normal human. Bella finds out about Edward but doesn’t care and this leads to a romance between the two but of course with Edward being a vampire there is some difficulties. One is that Edward doesn’t want to kill Bella!

‘Twilight’ is a great book about the love between a vampire and a human and how hard it is to love a vampire. It’s a great book and I would give it a 4 out of 5 five stars.

Lauren, Year 8

————————————————————-

Twilight. A place where vampire’s shine, werewolves growl, blood drips like rain and love, sweet and pure. Mark my words, ‘Twilight’ is a novel that will keep you attached until you find all the answers to your questions, including whether Bella’s and Edward’s life will keep their love apart. There will be more blood than ever before, and even for a fiction book, it will make you believe in the greatest myths of all. You must take a risk, for no one’s stopping you, and read this book, if you don’t believe me.

In this novel ‘Twilight’, Bella Swan is a shy, peaceful girl who doesn’t have a worry in the world, but has a lot of questions about it. As Bella moves in to the town of Forks to live with her dad, the dull, wet area gives her the sign that her life won’t be the same. She discovers a secret. When Bella finally goes to high school, she notices a tall, charming, unusual boy, but Bella realizes there is something different about him and is to keen to find out what it is. When Bella discovers who he is and his secret, will she look at him in a different way than she used to?

Over the time that I have read this book, it has knocked me off my feet, as you don’t know what to expect or what is heading your way. That’s just one reason why I’ve enjoyed it so much. The description of the characters and the verbal responses of them are so detailed, I feel as if it’s real and happening before my very eyes. Another reason why I loved it is how much I can relate to the characters, such as Bella Swan. They remind me of other people in my life, which is why I’m so attached to them, so I can find out more and maybe have the same thoughts Bella does throughout the book.

I would recommend this book to people who absolutely love a dramatic romantic book as well as sci-fi and fantasy because this novel has wild raging scenes that fit these genres. I also recommend this book mostly to teenage girls, as the novel ‘Twilight’ is more feminine and will touch many of their hearts as it has touched mine.

Stephanie.T, Year 8

——————————————————–

The novel “Twilight” is about a young lady named Bella Swan who moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets this mysterious young man named Edward Cullen. As she sets out living her life in her new town she finds out more about her new lover and his dark hidden secret. The more she hangs out with him the more she is putting herself at entire risk of danger. As soon as she meets his bizarre family she soon realizes that they aren’t the normal bunch of people she thought they were. It turns out that Bella doesn’t care about how bizarre and weird his family are. All that she cares about is her strong feelings for him but she is determined to find out the big secret that he is hiding from her. As their relationship grows, Bella doesn’t mind about his family but she finds out that she has another secret admirer, “Jacob”. Edward Cullen has two foster parents Esme and Carlisle. He also has other half siblings: Rosalie Hale, Jasper Hale, Emmett Cullen and Alice Cullen.

I enjoyed the book “Twilight” because it is a mysterious and bizarre novel that is also a love story. I also enjoyed the setting out of the book where all of the scenes take place. I would like to recommend this book to ages from 13+ because of some violent scenes. I would rate this novel **** stars out of 5. This story will stay in your mind long after you turn the final page. Keeara.N Year 8

————————————————————————-

Bella Swan just moved to the comfortless town of Forks, but wasn’t prepared for what she was in for.

If you are interested in books about love, betrayal and mysteries this is the book for you!

The Cullen’s are a bizarre family. Nobody in the school knew their secret, until now. Bella fell in love with Edward Cullen but there was a secret in their relationship. Bella tried so hard to find out what it was about the Cullens that was so unusual but as she got closer Bella fell into more danger and before she could blink it was too late to turn back.  In chapter 7 Bella says, “I know what you are…”

There’s a hard-hitting story line that will make you read on and on.  I really enjoyed “Twilight” because I loved the secret turns in the story that kept your full attention. Even though Bella loves Edward someone else in her life was in love with her – Jacob, who was also hiding a dark secret. Bella gets more interested in her love life, so much so that she forgets what kind of danger she has put herself in. But all it took was a kiss to change everything.

The end was pleasurable and made me want to read the rest of the trilogy. I thought that they could have detailed Bella’s character a little more but other then that I found all the characters very interesting.

I would recommend this book to female teens (12 to 20) that are interested in fantasy/ mysteries and also enjoy reading a series of novels. Even though it can get boring at times you still have to make it to the end to find out the dark twisted secret of the Cullens. Girls who love a sneaky love story will no doubt enjoy the book. I would give this book ✩✩✩ 3 stars.

Olivia V.G. Year 8

Tags: , , ,

Posted June 5, 2013 by marjk in category Love stories, Mystery, Student Reviews