May 16

‘Sink or Swim’ by Ron Bunney

sink or swimThis book is about a kid who is homeless and he goes around stealing food just to survive, but one day he gets caught by a guy called Earl. Instead of Earl calling the cops he offers the kid a job on his fishing boat and lets the kid live in his shack. This changes the kid’s life and gives him somewhere safe to sleep. I thought this book was interesting but repetitive. There is no real change in the story. I would rate this book seven out of ten and recommend it for ages 9+. It is a good book but it is not a great book. Peter, Year 8

‘Sink or swim’ is about a homeless kid who robs people for food and supplies, eventually gets hired and gets fishing management from a man called Earl.  This book would be recommended for ages 10+ This book wasn’t really my type of book but it was a decent book to read. The book is about changing a life. There is no change in the moral of the story. My opinion of its rating would be 6 out of 10 so far. This book didn’t have a good introduction but as I read further into the book I hope it will become a better book. Alfred, Year 8

Tags: , ,

Posted May 16, 2011 by marjk in category Realistic fiction, Student Reviews

1 thoughts on “‘Sink or Swim’ by Ron Bunney

1. Thomas

hmmmm, interesting book all the through in ‘sink or swim’. but it doesn’t give any reason why he was away from his family. I would put this book at a 5 out of 10. good book though. Tom year 11.